Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SNOW!

Salut! My mood has made a complete 180 since my last post. Thanks to all for your concerns and well wishes! Getting responses to my posts (especially encouraging ones) makes me feel so loved! ^_^
Place de  Zurich in the snow!
Yesterday I moved in with a new host mom and love it. Her home is an actual house in Strasbourg, not an apartment, and she is a botanist! When she realized that I study biology and she told me that she works with plants, we talked for almost 15 minutes about plants, our favorites and where we've studied them. I think we bored my friend Chris (whom I now live with) a little bit. I haven't gotten a chance to unpack my suitcases yet, but that is planned for this weekend. My outfits for the next few days will be chosen by the use of one of my favorite methods: close eyes, reach in suitcase, ohp! you're wearing that randomly bejeweled teeshirt (which you forgot you even packed) today! It adds a little excitement to the start of the mornings.
The Christmas tree in Place Kléber
This morning I was able to shower before class! It hadn't work for us to do that at the last house because the bath was right next to our host mom's bedroom. But no more! It was great; I was able to wash my hair and wear it down and curly for the entire day. I hadn't done that it way too long. I'm not sure how well you, fair reader, know about curly hair. It has a mind of it's own. And the best way that I have found to tame such mutiny is by the use of water and potent conditioning. Hats are a no-no and humidity is like adding gasoline to a fire; if it's already big, you're not getting by unscathed. A good washing at the start of the day works wonders.
Me and my friend Dan
in front of the tree.
As the title of this post may lead you to deduce, it has been snowing in Strasbourg! There is snow falling from the sky and covering the ground and landing on my coat and making me happy. It's a wonderful change from the brown and dying surroundings of late fall to the white wonderland of winter. I heard today that Strasbourg doesn't usually get snow in December, let alone in November (the last time there was snow in November was in the mid-late 80's!). There will be pictures soon. I just have to find the cord that connects my camera to my computer... That will be located as soon as I finish planning my interview questions for my ICRP project meeting tomorrow. Which means I'll find it sometime next week. À plus!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your post made my <3 :).
Woke up this morning to snow here too. I love the peace it adds to the day. So happy your enjoying the shower and relaxing.
je t'aime