Friday, January 7, 2011

The Final Stretch

Christmas Eve
Salut! Tomorrow I'm going to Ireland! It's so exciting to be traveling to a country where the main language is English and we don't have to worry about learning key phrases to get by. My friend Kailee and I are going to be there for about five days; three whole days in Dublin and twoish days (including travel) in Killarney visiting the national park there. Can't wait!

Paris and Strasbourg with my family over Christmas break was wonderful. We didn't end up making it to London as we had originally planned because the trains stopped running with all the snow and cold weather they were getting over there. It worked out well though since it left us with extra time for seeing all the sites in Paris and taking it easy. Meeting up with them at the train station was strange. Europe had been a uniquely "me" experience for almost four months and seeing my family in Paris made it feel like they were out of place. Or I was. And it didn't even feel like it had been so long since I'd seen them. We were able to pick up our sibling bickering right from where we left off (but not really. we get along). It was still great to have them here though.
Sacré Cœur

Hopefully I will have adequate internet service and will be able to keep you updated while I'm in Ireland. Sorry that my posts have been especially sparse this last month. With finals and my ICRP project to finish (turned it in today!). I'll see if I can make up for that a bit this next, and final, week! À plus!

No comments: